I graduated Chiropractic in 1980 with an overpowering curiosity about natural healing and an instinct that there must be much more out there. It was at that time that the Holistic medical movement was gaining momentum. Here in Ontario the Naturopathic profession was at the forefront. I graduated in the third class of Naturopathic medicine in 1984. It was truly a turbulent and pioneering time. Both the press and the medical profession were, to say the least, less than friendly. There was even a political move to disenfranchise the profession. Initially our small school was located in an old art gallery in Kitchener, Ontario – kind of fitting for a group of medical rebels.
Having studied Homeopathy as part of the Naturopathic curriculum, it was love at first sight. Here was a truly holistic, gentle system of medicine with a very long (1800) track record and huge medical literature. Its recorded cures were and still are unparalleled.
The study of Homeopathic medicine and the legacy of its thousands of pages of journals absorbed me completely. Once a popular form of medicine with many medical schools and hospitals, it was all but gone by the early 1900’s – a medical Atlantis with only the journals and books as artifacts. By 1989 I had finished my specialty program in Homeopathic medicine and was still no less in love.
This same passion still drives me. I will never stop studying this great system of medicine. I contribute articles to several Homeopathic and Naturopathic journals . I have the privilege of a lecture schedule that takes me world wide. I am honored to be on faculty at both the finest homeopathic college in Ontario, The Toronto School of Homeopathic Medicine, as well as The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. I enjoy my own post graduate program which I offer to other doctors sharing my addiction to homeopathy. Most important of all are my full time practice and my patients who allow me to share their journey to health.
Articles By Joe
- Sep, 2012 | Rose is a frequent visitor to the office.
- Sep, 2012 | Paula is 5yrs old and 17kg of angelic sweetness.
- Sep, 2012 | Just Scratching an Itch
- Sep, 2012 | Fire and Brimstone
- Sep, 2012 | Falling is not Failing
- Sep, 2012 | Elise is 60 years old
- Nov, 2010 | A Case of Infertility and ITP
- Nov, 2010 | A Very Mouldy Story
- Nov, 2010 | A Contradictory Case of Sciatica
- Oct, 2010 | A Ball of Fire
- Sep, 2009 | Salina’s bright smile
- Aug, 2009 | Practice Potpourri
- Jul, 2009 | Maybe it’s some Karmic thing
- Jun, 2009 | My Gut Reaction
- May, 2009 | Let’s have a nightcap
- Apr, 2009 | Can You Scratch That?
- Mar, 2009 | A Case of Neuropathy
- Feb, 2009 | Denise is a southern belle
- Jan, 2009 | Comment on a Lippe Case
- Dec, 2008 | A Stubborn Case of Doctor Failure
- Nov, 2008 | A Homeopathic Slant on Andropause
- Oct, 2008 | Fibromyalgia
- Sep, 2008 | Homeopathy in Microbial Illness
- Aug, 2008 | A Case of Lupus?
- Jul, 2008 | Don’t Let ‘em Fool You
- Jun, 2008 | Homeopathic Medicine and Fertility
- May, 2008 | How Sweet It Is
- Apr, 2008 | I am fortunate in having a preceptor
- Mar, 2008 | A Second Look; Ruta
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Homeopathic Educational Services
- Homeopathy By The Book
- Naturopathic Doctor News and Review
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
- The Canadian Academy of Homeopathy
- Toronto School of Homeopathic Medicine
- Whole Health Now